Photo by TuKo
What an amazing year this is going to be for the Amiga 600, especially as the very first batch is starting to appear of the ' Vampire 600 V2 ', which is a powerhouse of technical marvel by Igor Majstorovic, (Majsta). and tcore (CPU) by Gunnar von Boehn, (BigGun). This beastly accelerator which we did a bigger write up HERE, basically turns your Amiga into an incredibly fast retro system way beyond anything in the original A600's life time. In fact, it is so fast that videos have been posted of it running playing Super Mario Bros, Warcraft and Doom at playable frame rates!
- 128MB Fastmem RAM
- Digital video output, Picasso 96 (licensing fee is extra)
- SD card for HDD storage (This is a work in progress )
- 64 bit core, full 32 bit compatibility
- Directly update core from the Amiga without need for external programmer
- FPU and 16 bit Audio is planned for future updates
To say I'm jealous is an understatement, but not to worry as Amiga 1200 owners will be catered for as a vampire will be in development for that system too. As soon as we know more we will of course give you the heads up, but any further information such as purchases can be found in the links below!
Links : 1) Article 2) Buildlog 3) FAQ 4) Website