X-bEnCh - One of the best Amiga launchers gets a 0.99 R7 Public Beta Release!
If you have an Amiga with an internal CF drive or any other way of playing whdload games such as through Emulation like WinUAE, then this may be the software that your Amiga thanks you for. Although there are other OS utilities to play Amiga games such as AG-launch and Igame, they don't have the sparkle and flare that X-Bench does, which is not just an Amiga game launcher but it has many other cool features as well.
This front-end launcher can autoscan your hard drive to find all the whdload games available and organize them in an easily usable list. X-Bench can also manage manual listings, internal script systems and has an integrated CLI. The best thing is though, that this launcher uses very little resources and is compatible with many Amiga set ups! - Just check out the major features below.
- Up to 640 colors on screen with AGA (128 colors on screen for OCS/ECS)
- Autoscan and organize your whdload .slave and yours .exe from your HD
- Unlimited subdir level scan
- Internal script system
- Up to 6 launching lists in parallel
- Unlimited number of entry in each list
- Top listing
- Autoscan and use Whdload Tooltypes
- If no Tooltypes availables you can set up default Tooltypes.
- MegaRam mode to gain extra chipram without rebooting
- FastJump mode to jump where you want in a list with the keyboard
- CD32 7 buttons pad compatibility
- CDMode to create your CD32/CDTV CD compilation.
- Real time search engine
- Files/Dirs manager included (Xpl0rEr)
- Integrated cLi 100% Amiga cli compatible
- System friendly setup panel
- Dedicated installer for an easy installation
- Many more will come in the nexts releases.
But wait there's more, as the developer Jim Neray has today released the X-bEnCh 0.99 R7 Public Beta as a massive bug fixed update with further details to be found in the history.txt file. What a great start to 2016 with a further love shown towards the grandest of systems!
Links : 1) Source 2) Download 3) Discussion