WinUAE 2.8.0 (Beta 16) - The latest Amiga emulator beta update!
Development is still ongoing for WinUAE, and thus, Toni Wilen has released the latest beta version of WinUAE 2.8.0 beta 16. It hasn't been long since the previous version so don't expect a massive amount of additions or fixes, but as always, check the release notes for further info. Oh and WinUAE is an Amiga emulator for the PC, just in case you didn't know.
Emulated Consoles/Systems : Amiga, Amiga CD32
- Borderblank blanked sprites incorrectly in some situations (b11, Roots AGA)
- SPRxDATx/SPRxPOS copper write/Denise internal sprite timing should now fully match real hardware.
- Ancient (and recently non-working) Superfrog flashing intro bee hack removed, properly emulated now.
- gfx_filter_keep_autoscale_aspect and gfx_filter_keep_aspect config entry change was not detected when using using uae-configuration.
- Last used AVI codec was not restored from registry if ICGetState() returned zero
size data block.
If Beta updates are not your thing then stick with the final 2.7.0. You may also be interested to note that another great Amiga Emulator using a brilliant GUI (FS-UAE) was also updated to a new final build, so check that out as well here.