It seems as if there are still some issues with PPC as Toni Wilen has released another beta update to the Amiga emulator WinUAE. We can't be that far off now from a final version of 2.9.0 as so far there have been more successful reports for AmigaOS 4.1 than previous releases. This version 2.9.0 Beta 12 fixes a number of issues such as BlizzardPPC flash mapping, b11 Blizzard accelerator Z3 autoconfig hack and more. See changelog for details
- Windowed mode status bar button mouse click off-by-one fix.
- If command line has more than one -f/-config= parameters, config will be now reset to built-in defaults only once, before first config file is loaded.
- Updated CHD support, uncompressed CHD write support added, can be mounted as read-write hardfile. (CD subchannel support may or may not work, there does not appear to be easy way to convert ccd/sub/img combination to chd)
- CSPPC/BPPC IPL_EMU register's M68K_IPL bits only change when PPC is interrupt master.
- b11 Blizzard accelerator Z3 autoconfig hack didn't work correctly.
- BlizzardPPC flash mapping fixed (b11)
- 68000 mode, without CE and more compatible, RTE instruction didn't check for odd program counter.
accelerator_roms.zip updated again, now BPPC images are full 512k, rom scanner won't detect smaller images anymore. Manual selection still works with 256k images.
Remember to make it a portable edition in another folder by creating a new blank WinUAE.ini file in your unzipped beta folder as not to screw over the previous final install.