Glovecat studio is presenting us their new kickstarter to raise funds to complete their new game, The Intergalactic Trashman, a very well polished space shooter, platform, puzzle and runner game. Yes, that's right, there are a number of nods to gaming influences as well as some obvious movie ones too, but I'll leave you to view the trailer to spot them all.
Yes, it seems like Glovecat studio has crammed every 2D gaming style into one game but so far seems to have pulled it off, with a fabulous graphical style and slightly cutesy storyline that's portrayed in the trailers.
Kepler and Xana work in that company, and the game will take you with them in their journey through space after they find their friend and mentor, Goyold, seriously injured. He was investigating one mysterious factory that had appeared in the galaxy with no clear purpose when he was attacked. Kepler and Xana will continue Goyold’s investigation, looking for factories throughout the galaxy to uncover the mystery, and they will find themselves involved in a conspiracy of epic proportions.
MAIN FEATURESThe Intergalactic Trashman looks very promising and that it will deliver on being a great game to play, with plenty of gameplay variation to keep you interested.
- Kepler is our main character and your avatar in the game. He’s a little and cute creature, and he always go with his loyal partner Xana.
- You have several abilities to deal with the stages characteristics such as the dash and the rope. Both help you to reach high places or to avoid chasms, but since the dash is not infinite, the combination of both of them will be a powerful help.
- Change your weapon whenever you need it: sword, pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, grenade, mine,… Kepler also has a decoy to distract the enemies or to get rid of them silently.
- Discover new galactic sectors and planets with Kepler’s spaceship, solve different puzzles in order to find your way through the space and to be able to collect all the trash and the collectible items.
- Kepler’s spaceship has abilities too, such as the turbo and the dash, and power-ups like the shield, turbo refill, etc. But it has a lot of weapons as well: lasers, missiles, mines, decoys, etc.
- If you can’t reach a planet with your ship, maybe you could jump from a closer spot with Kepler’s planetary jump ability!
- Go through platform stages with different themes such as noisy factories, dense jungles, mysterious castles, majestic temples and stinky dumps.
- Enjoy diverse stage types for both game mechanics such as: running stages, against time stages, pure platform stages, action-focused stages,…
- You will be able to talk with your ship partners, in order to discover their histories and to get missions to do. Furthermore, there will be characters to interact with through the galaxy.
If this seems like a game you can get behind, go check out the full story at:
Steam Greenlight page
Main Game Website