Toni Wilen has released the latest beta 2.6.0 Version 9 of this amazing Amiga Emulator WinUAE. There is something about this emulator which persuades me to keep hitting the F5 button on certain days to see if another beta has been released. Am I insane? Well anyway, this emulator enables us to play Amiga games on windows. Lets see what's been updated!
- CD SCSI emulation: implemented mode sense CD/DVD page code 0x2A. Used to detect drive capabilities, for example if it can read or write CD-R, DVD-ROM or DVD-R and so on.
- SCSI emulation MODE SENSE didn't limit returned amount of bytes to allocation length field.
- BPLCON0 SuperHires bit disables normal DDFSTRT/DDFSTOP limits. (Why?)
- Resolve shortcut path if mounting shortcut (.lnk) as a harddrive.
- If inserting RDB hardfile using GUI: get device's blocksize from RDB block size field.
- Attempted write to SCSI or IDE CD (using normal SCSI Write command) crashed.
- Return WP bit set in SCSI Mode Sense result if SCSI HD is write protected.
- Add harddrive option set wrong parameters, drive was added as non-RDB partition hardfile (some earlier beta).
- Hardfiles and harddrives: attempt to mount as read-only before failing if read-write access is not allowed.
- Hide bootpri/bootable/donotmount boxes in GUI when selected RDB mode/controller combination does not support them.
- Added support for write protected disk images even if physical file is write-enabled. Config file only, floppyXwp=true
- 68020/030 no-FPU F-line exceptions didn't work correctly, broke in previous 68040+ FPU disabled exception updates.
- 68000 NBCD didn't emulate undocumented V-flag behavior. (Probably forgotten long time ago because SBCD had correct implementation)
- It was impossible to get out of halted CPU state in some situations.
- FDBcc and FScc 6888x FPU instructions without installed FPU returned wrong f-line exception PC field.
- Directory filesystem: emulate Windows shortcut (.lnk) files and symbolic links as Amiga side soft links. Implements ACTION_READ_LINK. Works also across drives if shortcut/link target exists in any mounted directory harddrive. Not guaranteed to be 100% correct implementation, Amiga softlinks are a bit strange.
Also available are easy to install OS packages which again you may need certain legal files, but there is nothing more satisfying than having an Amiga OS running through an emulator. Further more, you can make separate installs of WinUAE by making a WinUAE.ini file in the same directory as WinUAE.exe. However make sure when you update, that you delete everything in the WinUAE.ini file(back up previous).
- We will not provide Amiga retail games or Operating System files -