Glorious news for all you conquerors and empire builders as Freeciv has now reached the big V2.50 release! Freeciv is a free and open source empire-building strategy game based on the Civilization title inspired by the history of the human civilization. Prepare yourself for many hours of lost sleep as you develop your civilization from the Stone Age to the Space Age in an incredible gaming experience.
- Generally comparable with Civilization I & II.
- Up to 126 players!
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players.
- Internet & LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP).
- Support for a great number of platforms; see Requirements.
- Premade maps & scenarios!
- More than 50 playable units and 541 nations.
- Modpack support!
- Internationalization : translations for many languages available.
- In-game help system.
- Full Fog of War.
- There are different graphics for different needs.
- 30x30 & 96x48 sized tiles, or almost any size you feel like drawing.
- 2, 64, 256 and more colors!
Available to play via your browser or as a downloadable file!