WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 14 - Beta Amiga emulator update, 2-3 weeks till final!
Before I begin with the emulation news, I'd just like to mention that during this weekend things will slow down a bit in terms of writing as I'll be moving home! But until that time comes, here's a new update from Toni Wilen, as he has released the beta Amiga emulator 'WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 14'. Regarding as one of the best Amiga emulators for retro gaming with a ton of features, this latest update has a number of interesting notes including MSVC optimizer enabled and AGA subpixel scrolling. As ever the changelog is available below, and if you wait 2-3 weeks the final version of 3.3.0 will be made available!
- AGA subpixel scrolling: if line's parameters didn't change compared to previous field's line, line was not marked as "changed" and was not always redrawn correctly. (Roketz scoreboard corruption)
- CD32: always generate subchannel interrupts and transfer subchannel frames when reading CD sectors if subchannel DMA channel is enabled. (Previously was only done when playing CD audio) Real hardware also transfer subchannel frames when CD is idle. This is not yet emulated.
- Added "Paste" input event (END+INSERT default mapping), injects host clipboard text content using emulated keyboard key codes. Only available when clipboard sharing is not active and only supports ROM default US keyboard layout. For example can be used to paste strings directly to boot CLI, hardware debuggers or non-AmigaOS operating systems.
- Mouse/joystick autoswitching broke some betas ago.
- Pause/GUI + black frame insertion: don't show black frame.
- IVS Trumpcard Pro/GrandSlam SCSI emulation implemented.
- AROS ROM updated.
- Few weeks ago released new MSVC optimizer enabled (May not have it enabled in final version because it is not yet fully production ready). Report if you notice any performance improvements.
IVS Trumpcard Pro/GrandSlam SCSI:
- Autoboot, seems to support custom filesystems.
- 5380 based.
- Fake DMA. Long reads, word wide writes.
- "Trumpcard Professional Driver 4.9 - devs/IVS_SCSIpro.driver IVSSCSI 4.9 (20 Sep 1991)"
Links : 1) Forum 2) 32BIT 3) 64BIT