In 1990 and onwards the epic scrolling shooter game 'Raiden' by Seibu Kaihatsu, made its appearance on many different systems such as the Atari Falcon, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, DOS(PC), PC Engine and even the PlayStation. In fact there was even a prototype of the game released as a demo on the Commodore Amiga, which sadly never appeared as a full release. But don't get your hopes up too much if you're an Amiga owner at least, as this time thanks to a heads up by AtariCrypt, this classic shooter is being developed for the AtariSTE!
According to our good friends AtariCrypt it has almost been a year since it was first mentioned by them regarding the development of the AtariSTe version. But due to commitments at the time the creator ' Frogger Aka Scott Clifford ' was forced to put it on ice. Thankfully as of this week progress is once again on track as massive improvements have been made to the game, with enemy sprite routines still on the agenda. As such Indie Retro News can't wait to see the end results!
- Hardware scrolling is used for the entire screen - no status panel :-)
- DMA hardware will be used for the playback of authentic arcade music!
- The Blitter will be utilised for all the larger sprites.
- Chip will be used for the sound effects without interfering with the music.
- Performance was best on a real Atari STe!