WinUAE 2.6.0 released - The kick ass Amiga emulator has come out of beta!
Great news!!! As the Amiga emulator WinUAE, has finally come out of beta today, of which many Amiga owners have been testing over these last many months. This is the final version 2.6.0 with a ton of features, fixes and updates. We can thank Toni Willen the WinUAE developer for all this hard work, so download it, grab some games and go crazy!
WinUAE 2.6.0 (16.05.2013)
- Full 68030, 68040 and 68060 MMU emulation. Amix, Linux, NetBSD, Enforcer, WHDLoad MMU option and more fully working.
- Game Ports panel Remap GUI rewritten, more intuitive, supports manually added events.
- SCSI and ATAPI (IDE) CD drive emulation.
- Built-in full CHD CD and HD image support. HD image support is read-only.
- Partial partition hardfile on the fly eject/replacement support, requires filesystem that has removable drive support.
- Multiple Direct3D shader filters can be enabled simultaneously, optionally shader can be now run after scaling and filtering.
- Directory filesystem shortcut (.lnk) and symbolic links are mapped to Amiga soft links.
- Added support for mountlist-like hardfile configuration files.
- 100Hz+ vsync mode black frame insertion support, reduces LCD motion blur.
- A590/A2091/A3000 SCSI emulation compatibility improved. (Amix, NetBSD etc..)
- A2065 network adapter compatibility improved. (Early NetBSD versions)
- Multithreaded IDE and SCSI emulation, slow read or write operations won't temporarily pause the emulation anymore.
- When CPU double faults, emulated CPU is halted instead of forcing instant emulated hardware reset.
- Custom chipset emulation improved.
- Full Amiga file timestamp resolution (1/50s) support on FAT directory filesystems.
- Max supported resolution increased to 8192*8192 (NV Surround/AMD Eyefinity)
- CD32 CD detection works again in JIT mode.
- AROS ROM replacement updated.
- If display mode switched from RTG to native (or vice versa) and WinUAE window had no focus: emulation incorrectly started receiving keyboard input.
- 1.5M chip ram option didn't work.
- GamePorts panel Swap Ports button cleared custom mappings.
- 68060 CPU and More compatible checked was unreliable.
- 68040/68060 no FPU/FPU disabled exception stack frame fixed.
- A2024 and Graffiti emulation memory leak fixed.
- FPU rounding mode was reset when using filters.
- Some USB game controllers had ghost events (move axis, button event is triggered or vice versa)
- CD32 CDs with multiple tracks didn't boot.
And much more.
Another great alternative if you have the games and system files is FS-UAE which is a pretty damn awesome frontend that uses WinUAE at it's core. They also have a game database which you need to register for, which shares everyone else s working configuration files for easy Amiga game loading.
Also available are easy to install OS packages which again you may need certain legal files, but there is nothing more satisfying than having an Amiga OS running through an emulator. Further more, you can make separate installs of WinUAE by making a WinUAE.ini file in the same directory as WinUAE.exe. However make sure when you update, that you delete everything in the WinUAE.ini file(back up previous).
- We will not provide Amiga retail games or Operating System files