WinUAE 2.8.1 Beta 1 - Toni Wilen releases the latest Amiga emulator beta!
On May 5th Toni Wilen released the final version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE 2.8.0 and to much rejoicing it was brilliant. But as is the case with Toni, he can't stop finding bugs and giving it that extra little bit of tweaking. Thus today we have the next beta WinUAE 2.8.1 Beta 1 which again includes more fixes and the final release looking to be about 2-4 weeks away! Read on for the change log.
- Audio DMA CPU wait hack (that tries to prevent missing samples if program has CPU timed audio DMA wait) improved, now compatible with programs that really need delay after DMA switch off (for example switches DMA off, then clears interrupt request, and then finally waits for audio interrupt).
- CPU on the fly mode changes were unreliable (2.8.0b15)
- Fixed some GUI strings that didn't support translation.
- .ccd CD images didn't automatically load from archive if file was not in archive root.
- Disk insert after emulation has been started may have internally set disk as write protected even if disk image is write enabled. (broken since GUI "?" button was added)
- Added DMA channel support to memwatch points. Add DMA channel name (or more than one) at the end of debugger w command line, for example COP, BLT (or BLTA if you only want A channel reads) and so on.. No parameter = CPU accesses only.
- Null filter didn't check display bounds, fixes possible DirectDraw mode crash when display size changes.
- Directory filesystem ACTION SET FILE SIZE will now fail if target file size is >= 2G. (Prevents accidental truncation if program does not support large files)
- Added directory filesystem MorphOS compatible 64-bit file size packets: ACTION_SEEK64, ACTION_SET_FILE_SIZE64, ACTION_LOCK_RECORD64, ACTION_FREE_RECORD64, ACTION_EXAMINE_OBJECT64, ACTION_EXAMINE_NEXT64, ACTION_EXAMINE_FH64 and ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL ED_SIZE64. (OS4 packets were implemented long time ago)
- AGA and reading non-existing or write-only custom registers work differently than on A500, don't use new more A500 compatible method added in 2.8.0 with AGA configurations. (This is far from accurate)
- Mouse device autoswitching was unreliable if rawinput was not supported or was disabled.
- If Quickstart mode and sound filter is set to A500 or A1200 emulated or always on: automatically match it with selected config.
- DMA debugger now shows CPU and DMA 32-bit chip ram accesses, previously data was truncated to 16-bits. 64-bit DMA is stil truncated to 32-bit.