Greywalkers is a rather interesting game that's currently going through a kickstarter campaign, it boasts that it is the first in a series of Emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based 3D Role-Playing Games set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world, where parts of Heaven, Hell and Earth have merged together in an event called "The Rupture". It will be released for PC (Windows, Mac & Linux) as both Steam and DRM-free versions.
Not only is it a turn based game but Graywalkers Purgatory, developed by Dreamlords Digital is inspired by RPG's of old, such as Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Jagged Alliance and many others. You play the prophesied leader of the Graywalkers, 36 Hidden Ones who walk the line between the darkness and the light. It is your task to gather them all, unite the the chaotic lands of Purgatory under one banner, and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity.
This is what the kickstarter shows:
- A Strategic Turn-based RPG with features inspired by XCom, Fallout, & Jagged Alliance.
- Play in a dynamic emergent world where your actions actually change the world
- Find, Recruit and Lead your 36 Graywalkers from over 40+ Playable NPCs: each with their own style, background, abilities and personality
- Strategically manage your resources, people, technology, and magic
- As the prophesied leader, unite the lands of Purgatory under your banner and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity
- Game Type – It is a 3D 3rd person role-playing game with strategic and tactical elements. You can toggle between Isometric and Perspective views.
- Game Modes – There are 2 Game Modes; Campaign is the single-player epic storyline, Freeform is a single player experience where everything is procedurally generated and your measure for success is affected by influence, resources and power.
- Distribution – We are planning on distributing on as many digital platforms as we can get on, including Steam, and hopefully GOG, Desura and others. Steam Keys will be available.
- Current State – The game is in the Pre-Alpha stage and we currently have a combat demo. If successful, we aim to release the game in 18 months. We do plan to release an early access version when we have a solid playable full alpha version.
- Platforms - The game will be created primarily for the PC (Windows, Mac and Linux). Additional platforms may be added depending on stretch goals. Potential platforms where we will port the game are PS4, PS Vita, XBox One, Wii U, Ouya and High-end Tablets (iOS & Android)
With a supernatural story, full of RPG goodness with inspirations of other classic games, I'm all for it! Let's just hope they get a final push for funding as they only have 9 days left!
For more info about the game and the company, you can visit the following sites
- Graywalkers Official Website
- Graywalkers Facebook Page
- Graywalkers Twitter Account
- Graywalkers Steam Group
Graywalkers: Purgatory has already been Greenlit on Steam a few months ago. This means, Steam keys will be available for those who would want it through Steam.