What a fantastic year this is turning out to be for game announcements and releases, as Infamous Quests, the same team behind the hit adventure Quest for Infamy, have now announced two upcoming adventure games 'Quest for Infamy: Roehm to Ruin' and 'Order of the Thorne: The King’s Challenge'. Both developed using the Adventure Game Studio.
The first game set for release in 2015 is Quest for Infamy, Roehm to Ruin; a prequel to Quest for Infamy which lets us see how the ne'er-do-well Mr. Roehm found himself having to flee the baron's wrath. It will be a more puzzle orientated adventure with alternative paths, secrets and above all a challenge. You'll also be pleased to know the game will look every bit as good as Quest for Infamy in that retro style we have come to love.
- A classic puzzle orientated point and click adventure game
- Challenging puzzles and hidden objects to be found
- Hand painted backgrounds and character animations
- Original music by composer James Mulvale
- Witty dialogue, fun puzzles and alternative solutions
The second game for announcement is Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge and unlike the Quest for Infamy prequel, will be a brand new game with a spankingly good story. The first in a planned anthology's as you assume the role of Finn the Bard, a challenger in a competition held by the King to seek out his missing Queen. Along with your magical lute, Finn must use his cunning wit and musical ability to venture forth in this fantasy quest.
- An original adventure game in a planned anthology series titled 'Order of the Thorne'
- Play as Finn the Bard, a brave and cunning songsmith who takes on the King's challenge
- Use your lute to perform musical songs to solve puzzles and complete tasks
- Hand drawn backgrounds and animations
- An original soundtrack with fully voiced characters
Both games will cost around $5 – $15 and will hopefully be available by the end of 2015 through Steam and other platforms. Also to note in April they plan to launch a crowd funding campaign to support the development and the main team behind the games.
So adventure fans, are you looking forward to the end of 2015?