WinUAE 3.1.0 Beta 13 - Weekend Amiga beta emulator update
More news for the retro gaming scene is Toni Wilen's latest beta release of the Amiga emulator WinUAE. Currently we are at version WinUAE 3.1.0 Beta 13 and so far haven't seen any news to relate to another final release at any point soon. However as is the case with every beta so far, Toni Wilen either finds more bugs to fix or are reported by the community, so it's probably worth while you up date to this latest version. See change log for details.
- Mainboard SCSI controllers didn't initialize correctly (A3000/A4000T/CDTV) (b12)
- "Do not force full display reset.." update made it worse, should be better now (b12)
- I finally bothered to carefully re-examine AR3 freezer behavior, emulation updated, should now match real hardware, previously unsupported features like autofire work.
- If copper DMA is switched off mid-instruction, allow instruction to finish. Fixes AR2 weird copper list detection code.
- Added RDB mode HD geometry GUI support. (RDB mode geometry option = what IDE Identify Device and SCSI MODE SENSE Format Parameters/Rigid Disk Geometry returns). Very old controllers may require custom geometry.
- Added HD/CF IDE harddrive GUI option. Currently only difference is in IDE Identify Device word 0 identifier. (Cause for infamous hdtoolbox "Unit is not a disk (Type 7)" error)
- Added GUI IDE and SCSI version selection to hardfile panel. IDE has ATA-1, ATA-2+ (old default, returns ATA-6 to allow LBA48 support and more) and ATA-2+ Strict which drops ATA-1 feature that become optional in ATA-2, triggering A600/A1200/A4000 IDE driver bug that causes infamous "max transfer bug". (No, it isn't drive bug) SCSI has SCSI-1 and SCSI-2 options. Currently only real difference is INQUIRY version number, some old software (like original A590/A2091 install disk) require SCSI-1 version.
- Added Archos ADD-500 emulation.
- Added AdSCSI Advantage 2000 emulation.
- Internal enforcer emulation hit can break to debugger, enable/disable with 'fen' debugger command.
- SCSI Read Defect Data command: return empty defect header instead of Defect List Not Found error. (ADD-500 driver gets confused if Read Defect Data command does not return any data)
- WD33C93 SCSI devices didn't support multiple units (b12)
- Added hack that fixes max overscan scrolling in demo Seven Seas / Andromeda. (Demo has workaround for chipset bug that causes right edge to have a vertical gap if BPLCON1 is larger than zero. Hack is currently needed because glitch happens when hpos=0 and emulation is not designed to handle bitplane changes that cross virtual scanlines). Glitch was not emulated until few versions ago, demo worked only accidentally previously.
- Added Windows 10 TP bug workaround, for some reason dialog window is visible before WM_INITDIALOG message (documentation specifically says it won't be visible until after WM_INITDIALOG) and also dialog is set as not visible. Fixes quickly appearing and disappering empty WinUAE GUI panel each time GUI is opened.
AdSCSI Advantage 2000:
- 5380 based fake DMA.
- First 5380 based driver that uses chip's arbitrate bit instead of assuming AdSCSI is the only initiator.
- 1.6 ROM added. (Anyone have later? At least 1.9 exists)
- RDB parser is not fully compatible, does not load all filesystems (for example PFS3).
- Yet another 5380 based fake DMA SCSI controller.
- v1.21 ROM added.