WinUAE 3.1.0 Final - The best Amiga Emulator is now even better!
After many months of beta updates with a ton of fixes and improvements, today is the day that Toni Wilen has released a brand new WinUAE version 3.1.0. This is probably the best version of the Amiga emulator so far, as it features new emulated expansion hardware such as new SCSI controllers, IDE controllers and Accelerator boards, but there are other features such as a fullscreen GUI option and much much more! In all this is probably one of the biggest feature packed release this year so far, so if you have love the Amiga way of life and want to play Amiga games on your computer or install an Amiga OS, you can do no wrong with WinUAE
New emulated expansion hardware:
- A2090/A2090a (ST-506 not supported)
- AdSCSI Advantage 2000
- Archos ADD-500
- C-Ltd A1000/A2000
- GVP Series I (Three models)
- GVP Series II
- Expansion Systems DataFlyer 1200/4000 SCSI+
- HK-Computer Vector Falcon 8000
- J.Kommos A500
- Kupke Golem
- Masoboshi MC-702 (Incomplete)
- Microbotics StarDrive (Clock not emulated)
- Preferred Technologies Nexus
- Protar A500
- RocTec RocHard RH800C (SCSI+IDE)
- SupraDrive (All five models)
- ICD AdIDE
- AlfaPower/AT-BUS 508/2008/AlfaPower Plus
- M-Tec AT 500
- Masoboshi MC-302/MC-702 (Incomplete)
- RocTec RocHard RH800C
- ACT Apollo 1240/1260
- DKB 1230/1240
- RCS Fusion Forty
- GVP A3001
- GVP A530
- GVP G-Force 030
- Kupke Golem 030 A500
Video port display adapters:
- Archos AVideo 12
- Archos AVideo 24 (Animation features not implemented)
- Black Belt Systems HAM-E and HAM-E Plus
- Newtronic Technologies Video DAC 18
- Impulse FireCracker 24
- Toccata Zorro II sound card
- Nordic Power v3.2 freezer cartridge
- Pro Access v2.17 freezer cartridge
- CD, CD32 FMV and Toccata audio are now optionally mixed with Paula
audio stream. Sound sync is not lost even when emulation speed
changes and sound is included with audio recording.
- Multiple SCSI/IDE expansion boards can be enabled at the same time.
- Floppy sound per-drive empty/disk inserted volume control.
- Added partial A1000 Velvet prototype support. Unfortunately
currently no known Velvet boot disks exist.
- GUI Filter panel configurable overscan region blanking.
- Hardfile ATA and SCSI version configuration option.
- Fullscreen GUI option.
- If system has touch screen (Windows tablet for example), touching
top of screen more than 2 seconds will open GUI.
- GUI Paths panel portable mode checkbox enabled.
- Configured but disconnected game controller is remembered.
- Custom chipset display emulation partially rewritten, many
A1000 vs OCS vs ECS chipset undocumented edge cases are now
- AMAX ROM dongle emulation improved.
- CD and disk image volume label is shown in status message bar.
- CPU Idle feature rewritten, lower CPU usage.
- More reliable simultaneous on the fly media insertions/removals.
- Action Replay 2/3 emulation improved.
- Added 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 filter panel "integer" scaling options.
- Audio master volume is now real master volume control. Paula,
CD and AHI are sub-volume controls.
- Optionally disk saveimages can use same directory as parent image.
- More accurate 68000 bus/address error stack frame undocumented fields.
3.0 bugs fixed:
- Some CPU halted conditions caused emulator hang.
- Chip RAM/Slow RAM size change on the fly crash.
- Multiple other crash bugs fixed.
Other bugs fixed:
- Low level SCSI emulation fixes and updates.
- RTG mode screenshots in 16-bit host color depth mode had wrong colors.
- Real CD drive as emulated ATAPI or SCSI returned wrong last block.
- Graffiti corrupted display in non-AGA modes.
- Some programs had shifted display in some configurations (For example
Gloom AGA, Worms Directors Cut title screens)
- Picasso IV graphics corruption in OS4 16-bit modes.
- Picasso IV mode switch out of bounds memory access crash (OS41FE).
- Serial port emulation lost characters in some situations.
- Branch FPU instructions didn't work in more accurate CPU modes.
- AVI recording audio/video sync problems fixed.
- Stuck key if "Mouse captured: emulation paused" was ticked.
And much more...