I'm a huge sucker for gorgeous pixels in games, especially ones that have both the game play and detail which really stands out in a crowd of Indie pixels. So when we came across a game called 'Iconoclasts' by Joakim Sandberg, also known as Konjak (behind Noitu Love 1 and 2) was coming to PS4, PS Vita and up for your PC votes on Steam Greenlight, it certainly grabbed our attention. In development for the last five years, with help by Bifrost Entertainment to help finish it all up, this Action Platformer, with a touch of Metroidvania is aiming for a release in 2016 and boy does it look good!
With a mixture of Metroid Fusion, Monster World IV and the charm and emotion of Final Fantasy IX; Iconoclasts is about the story of a young and helpful mechanic Robin and her companions as they try to escape the soldiers of the religious authority. A story of action and adventure, filled with characters to talk to, people to help, powerful weapons, and mighty beasts to fight, all in a graphically appealing world that, as we mentioned before, is full of high quality pixel artwork. As such, this is one game that really should be at the top end of your most wanted games of 2016
- Gorgeous action-adventure platformer with exhilarating boss battles and a touch of Metroidvania
- A vast, intricately realized world bursting with secrets, densely packed with ideas
- Studiously paced and balanced action, exploration and puzzles
- Engrossing story about faith, individuality, choices and their consequences
- Game, art, music and story by Joakim “Konjak” Sandberg, lovingly ported for crossplatform by Bifrost Entertainment