The rebirth of the Amiga case! A new A1200-Project is born [UPDATE]
After the recent success of the new coloured cases and keycaps for the C64 such as blue, black and red, it probably wouldn't surprise you to know that new case molds are also being created for the Amiga. Although this was mentioned a few days ago, we decided to wait and see if this project was actually coming and not just a rumour. Sure enough through our Commodore Amiga Facebook group of over 10,000 members, Philippe Lang has announced new Amiga case molds and also the possibility of different colours! [New Update]
Although the project is yet to be officially launched until the 10 day count down is finished, the creator has said the pricing will be about 79 EUR but what is keeping then from having a better price is a two mold manufacture. One mold is necessary for each housing part (Top / Bottom) and each of them weight 2 tons (4400 pounds).
Certainly sounds most impressive for the Amiga community who are pretty much fed up with having to retrobright their cases from yellow back to pristine white, but what many of us are wondering will we be seeing coloured keycaps, which was highly popular on the C64!
The good news is YES, especially with this response "we intend to work on new keyboards and key caps as a new project, once this one is done"
So for further developments either visit the Website or visit the Facebook Page
UPDATE : 6 hours ago the developer announced further plans for the project, as such they are now listed below for your convenience
- A new trapdoor on the right side, replaceable by a plastic adapter holding USB port slots with screw holes.
- The underneath trapdoor has extra vents for better airflow.
- The top/upper right trapdoor is delivered with an extra plastic adapter which include DVI shape hole and screw holes.
- A new CF slot on top of the PCMCIA slot, for compatibility over the Kipper2K.
- Still under study: Removable slot on top of case, for HxC display.
About housings colors:
- After reaching our KS goal, we'll have to add a stretch goal (small step) to add new colors.
- So far regarding the poll, your color choices are:
Original A1200 BEIGE, BLACK, TRANSPARENT, GREY, BLUE.
We may add WHITE as well!
If you haven't voiced your opinion on colors, you can of course do it here: