Prepare yourself for the darkest of horrors as Shadowgate, which is the new re-imaging of an incredible adventure classic originally from 1987, is now available on Steam. The developers Zojoi have claimed that Shadowgate is the granddaddy of all "point and click" fantasy adventure games and NES favorite, and to be honest I completely agree with them!
The original classic was a brilliant horror adventure game that really involved you in the dark story and contained some pretty horrific deathly sequences, especially if a puzzle wasn't done the correct way. Fast forward to today and we have a new Shadowgate, one that is far beyond anything in the graphical department from the original. This updated version contains new puzzles and stunning new rooms while retaining the feel and the greatness of the original retro classic.
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system and intuitive on-screen commands to complete your quest.
- Rooms: Tons of Beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new play experience.
- Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game.
- Difficulty Levels: Three different difficulty levels that actually change the game play experience and puzzle structure.
- Customized UI: Play the way you want! Use classic on-screen commands or jump into Immersive mode and auto-hide the UI elements. Create key binds, lock commands and keys and more.
- Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989! Listen to Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES chip tunes, move between rooms with pixelated transitions and follow the text in retro format.
- Storytelling: Features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from the original creators.
- Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with game play by composer Rich Douglas.
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of sound effects.
- Achievements: 50 in-game and Steam-based achievements to find and unlock.
- Animations: Environmental and object-specific animations and particles bring each location to life.
- Help: Need a hint? An in-game help system is just a click away.
Available for PC & Mac