Legendary game series Quest For Glory creators are having a second stab at raising funds for their new adventure/RPG Hero U. An extended development time and a much higher bar for the scope of the game has meant that if the Coles are to release the best adventure they possibly can, and for it to be 100% crowd funded, they are going to need an extra push to get them to release by the end of the year.
Lets face it, 2 years is a long time in game development. expectations rise and aspirations get loftier. When the original campaign was run, Hero U was only really a concept. However, from what can be seen in the new kickstarter trailer, those original aspirations have been well and truly smashed and the game is now in another league from what was originally envisaged.
Like the original campaign, there are plenty of high and top dollar tiers for those superfans with deep pockets or there are "top up" tiers to bring you up from your previous pledge if you backed the first campaign. Even at this early stage, the higher tiers are being snapped up and they are well on the way to the $100K target.
Rogue to Redemption is the story of Shawn O’Conner, a young man living on the streets of Sardonia. On one fateful night, he is given the chance to make a new future for himself – or die trying.
The mysterious castle of Hero-University is full of danger, but also filled with opportunity. There are chances to make friends, acquire wealth, and learn the skills that a young rogue needs to succeed.
Shawn can look for romance or search for lost treasure. He can help others or focus upon his own goals. When he learns the truth of his father’s death, will he seek the path of vengeance or that of forgiveness?
The choice is yours…
- A classic graphic adventure game with a rich story and many places to explore
- Game design, writing, and direction by Lori Ann Cole and Corey Cole, award-winning creators of Quest for Glory, Castle of Dr. Brain, Mixed-Up Fairy Tales, and Shannara
- Integrated role-playing features include skill development, collecting gear and treasure, and turn-based combat - no twitch skills needed
- Beautiful 3D environments along with hand-painted dramatic scenes
- Character models by Concept Art House, famous for their work on such games as League of Legends, Clash of Clans, World of Warcraft, Magic: The Gathering, and Hearthstone
- More than 20 fascinating characters with dialogue that affects game play and changes throughout the game
- First part of a five-part series, each featuring a new story and hero with unique abilities
- Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption will run on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux systems
- We expect to make the game available on Steam, Humble, and GOG