Game Type : Action, Arcade, Beat em up
Developer : Firebutton
Developer Description : Deadly Venoms is an arcade-style brawler influenced by 80s Kung Fu movies and HipHop! Battle waves of street punks, undead ninjas, flaming skull heads and roundhouse kick your way through 10 levels of fast paced, hard as Chuck Norris gameplay! Featuring arcade quality pixel art and a funkyass soundtrack from top videogame musicians such as Eirik Shurke (Spelunky/Hotline Miami). Deadly Venoms is heart pumping retro arcade action mixed with modern console-level replay value.
- Drop down mechanic: clear the waves, defeat the boss - drop straight down into the next stage & continue the fight!
- Retro Arcade look and feel: a homage to late 80s/early 90s Arcade classics such as Double Dragon, Ghouls N Ghosts, Kung Fu Master.
- Different every time: procedurally generated enemy positions, wave types and behaviours make for a different experience - every playthrough!
- Modern console style gameplay: level up characters with in-game experience or dojo training mini-games. Unlock achievements. Compete for online high scores.
- Dynamic Soundtrack: get hit & down to your last HP? The Hiphop track turns off the music & bass and strips down to just the drums for dramatic effect. Grab the HP power up & the bass & music gets added back to the mix.
- Arcade/Platform style puzzle elements per stage: each stage has a simple puzzle to unlock. Complete all the stages puzzles to unlock a bonus stage.
Kickstarter Goal : £18,000
Systems : PC, Mac