The developers Inglenook, have just launched a Kickstarter campaign for their Action RPG game Witchmarsh, where you can create and manage a team of investigators in a story-driven supernatural mystery. As the developer states : Witchmarsh puts a fresh, accessible spin on classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Wizardry, without compromising on depth. The game features online multiplayer, extensive character creation, countless ability and item combinations, and rewarding boss encounters. I'm certainly impressed and even the kickstarter backers are excited, thus I can see this one reaching it's £50,000 Kickstarter goal with no problem at all
Systems : PC, Mac Release : Dec 2015
- A refreshing mix of modern and classic RPGs, with branching dialogue and responsive, tactical combat.
- Play singleplayer or with friends in 2-4 player Co-op.
- Dripping with Jazz Age style, featuring music by Francisco Cerda, composer on Gunpoint and Jamestown.
- A massive character creation sandbox with over 50 unlockable abilities* across five spellbooks. Mix and match attributes, perks, items and weapons to create a unique team of adventurers. Or simply use one of the many templates to dive straight into the action.
- A game for seasoned RPG fans as well as players new to the genre. Optional bosses and challenges for those brave enough to seek them out.
- Over ten* playable characters. Watch your choice in personalities result in conflict, friendships, wisecracks... romance?
- A dynamic hidden item system ensures no two trips to Witchmarsh are the same
- Responsive combat. Dodge, jump and roll out of harm's way.
- Hordes of enemies with a variety of nasty tricks up their sleeves.
- Piles of loot to acquire! Arm yourself with shovels, hats, guns, haunted antique cow creamers and more. Decide which items to specialist in via Skill Points.