Twisted Insurrection 0.4.5 - Enjoyed Command and Conquer? You'll love this!
As the MOD of the year and Indie game of the year is still progressing on IndieDB, we came across an update to one of the most highly regarded Command and Conqueror conversions that we have ever played that we mentioned some years ago here on Indie Retro News. This is of course ' Twisted Insurrection '; a Standalone RTS total conversion update based on the Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun engine. The original release featured completely new units, structures (both new and old), new environments, a new story and now with the latest version 0.4.5 including some performance updates and numerous bug fixes to the client and the mod itself.
The main purpose however according to the Twisted Insurrection Team of this update is to showcase the start of the new GloboTech Campaign that will be included in Version 0.5. The mission included is the teaser version of the first mission in their upcoming campaign. Completely new faction artwork has been made including a new sidebar, unit icons, briefing interface and loading screens.
CLIENT AND EXECUTABLE CHANGES / ADDITIONS / FIXES
- Edited Game.exe to apply third sidebar hack
- Fixed some coding bugs on Bridge Entries
- Added some entries for future GloboTech campaign missions
- Fixed some small bugs in client code
CODING AND BALANCE CHANGES / ADDITIONS / FIXES
- Removed several unused items and entries from INI files for better performance
- Decreased amount of debris spawned from ammo crates to reduce lag
- Added Twisted Dawn Gunship entries
- Enabled SidebarHack=yes
GRAPHICAL, TERRAIN AND SOUND CHANGES / ADDITIONS
- Updated various animations with improved graphics
- Improved GloboTech interface artwork
- Added new GloboTech briefing screens
- Added new GloboTech loading screens
- Added Twisted Dawn Gunship Image
- Added new Nod Logo Cinematic
FINALTI, MAP AND CAMPAIGN CHANGES / ADDITIONS
- Added new mission: GloboTech Mission 01: Unity
- Updated Numerous campaign maps to use new Nod Logo Cinematic
- Fixed some bugs in  Heart of Stone skirmish map
As stated in the change log above, this patch includes a new Nod Logo Cinematic used as either a victory or a loss screen for a handful of particular missions in the campaign.
So what the bloody hell are you waiting for C&C fans? If you've never played Twisted Insurrection, you are seriously missing out!
Link : 1) Source