A special heads up for Friday as The Bitmap Brothers classic 'Gods'; a Platformer from 1991 that appeared on multiple platforms including my favourite computer, the Amiga. Is getting an all new HD remaster to be released third quarter 2017, that currently needs your Steam Greenlight votes. In this famous game featuring the lyrics " Into the wonderful ", you control the legendary Hercules in his quest to achieve immortality, your task is to rid your city of demons by defeating them while also solving puzzles, picking up items, pulling levers and completing each set level.
This latest remaster based around the Amiga and Atari ST version is being developed by Robot Riot in cooperation with Mike Montgomery, one of the founders of The Bitmap Brothers. The original gameplay and levels have been preserved as accurately as possible, but will feature an all new HD look, based on a complete 3D based refurbishment, lighting effects and an extraordinary new soundtrack. Furthermore according to the steam page, if you prefer to revisit the game in all its original pixel glory you can have a go with this version, even play it with a much smoother frame rate than the 16Bit game!
Currently GODS Remastered is being developed for mobile devices, which would put many of us off, so the game is now hopefully coming to Steam, with all new graphics and effects, oh and if the Steam Greenlight is a success, It will also support gamepad support and playable on PC and MAC.
- Very accurate preservation of the original levels and gameplay
- Includes 4 levels a 3 worlds crammed with action and puzzles
- Enhanced level and sprite graphics in 3D, using proper lighting and effects
- All new sound effects and soundtrack created by Sound of Games
- Includes the original pixel graphics and sound effects of the Amiga version
- Switch anytime between the remastered and the original version during the game
Links : 1) Source